Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL): Are You Prepared?
Title: Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL): Are You Prepared?
Length: 1 hour
Presenters: Sean Leonard and Devin Mylrea
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) takes effect on July 1st, 2014 and it affects all businesses, whether large, medium or small.
CASL is among the most onerous legislation in the world designed to regulate the use of commercial electronic messaging. It includes an express consent-based approach that will apply to almost all electronic messages sent to Canadian recipients for a commercial purpose.
- Does your company have any Canadian customers or contacts?
- Are your e-mails considered commercial electronic messages?
- Did all your contacts expressly agree to accept your electronic communications? Do you have audit-able proof?
- Will your policies and procedures regarding electronic marketing and customer communications be compliant with the new laws on July 1st?
If you can't confidently answer any of these questions, then join Devin Mylrea, Partner at Shea Nerland Calnan LLP and Sean Leonard, CEO of JumpDEMAND on this webcast to find the answers.
- What is Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- An explanation of key CASL requirements, exemptions, and any 'grey' areas
- How CASL impacts your use of email and other means of electronic communication
- What the consent requirements mean to your contact list management and auditing processes.
- Recommendations on assessing existing marketing and electronic communication practices.
- Best practices to optimize your attraction strategies and content for compliance.
This webinar is for:
- Marketing Managers, Assistants & Directors
- Online Marketing Managers
- Sales Managers
- Business Owners
- and anyone using e-mail or electronic marketing as part of their business